Candied Yams Recipe
Just in time for the upcoming holiday season, we present to you our super favorite recipe for candies yams! Naturally it features Dandies Vegan Marshmallows.
Candied Yams Recipe
- 3 large yams
- Maple syrup
- Cut yams into large chunks
- In a large bowl Toss with enough margarine and maple syrup to coat
- Add a dusting of cinnamon and toss.
- Transfer to a greased pie tin and bake, covered with foil, at 400 degrees until a knife inserted into the yams yields no resistance.
- Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes to reduce the juice.
- Add a layer of Dandies Vegan Marshmallows on top of the yams, one bag does the trick for a 9inch pie. Leave a little room around the rim because the marshmallows expand and may overflow. Bake uncovered with the Dandies on top until they are sufficiently browned to your liking. I’m a libertarian, so I won’t tell you when that is.
Super Crisp Rice Treats!
We love love love these things! We’ve gone through many different recipes until we finally settled on what we think is the greatest of all the recipes. It is our pleasure to share this with you and hope that it makes you and your friends and family as super stoked as it makes us!
Super Crisp Rice Treats! Recipe
- 3T margarine
- 1 10oz bag Dandies Vegan Marshmallows
- 1T vegetable oil
- 1T water
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- Melt margarine on low heat. Add bag of Dandies Vegan Marshmallows and stir constantly until fully melted. Keep stirring so it doesn’t burn!
- Once melted add vegetable oil and water and stir until fully combined.
- Add cereal and stir until fully combined.
- Press into a greased 9x13 pan.
After cereal is incorporated, dump in another bag of dandies and a bag of vegan chocolate chips, mix to distribute, will get all chocolaty and marbly, and sexy, and delicious!
Vegan Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownies Recipe
Originally from Suburban Vegan
- 1 stick Earth Balance Margarine
- 2/3 + 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Dandies marshmallows plus a few more to eat while making the brownies
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 4-6 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium saucepan melt margarine. Remove from heat, stir in 2/3 cup sugar and vanilla. Whisk Ener-G with water and stir into margarine mixture. Mix in applesauce.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients in two batches. Stir in 1 cup of Dandies marshmallows and pour into a parchment covered 8×8 baking pan. In the same pan, melt peanut butter with 1/4 cup sugar, adding 1 tablespoon of almond milk at a time until smooth.* Scoop the peanut butter mixture on top of the brownies and swirl it around. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (just make sure you don’t poke a marshmallow).
*Or you can just spread peanut butter across the brownie. It’s not as sweet and it’s prettier, but it gets drier, which is something to consider if you are not going to eat them in one day.
Pumpkin S’mores Cupcakes
Originally from Passing Daiseies
Ingredients (cake batter)
- 1 c. almond milk + 1 t. apple cider vinegar, mixed together
- 1/2 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 2 T. cornstarch or Ener-G Egg Replacer
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/3 c. neutral tasting oil
- 1/2 c. evaporated cane sugar
- 1/4 c. dark brown sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, sugars, and vanilla until combined. Add milk mixture and stir.
- In a separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients (dry ingredients). Add this to the wet mixture in small batches, stirring each time until just incorporated. Don’t over mix!
- Spray a cupcake tray with baking spray and fill each about 3/4 of the way with batter.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, until just golden brown. Allow to cool.
- After cool, slice cupcakes in half through the middle, so the top and the bottom are separate.
- Spread chocolate sauce on the bottom.
- Place toasted marshmallows on top of chocolate sauce.
- Place top of cupcake on top of marshmallows.
- Pipe pumpkin icing on top and enjoy!!
Ingredients (chocolate sauce)
- 2 T. unsweetened chocolate powder
- 3 T. powdered sugar
- 4 T. almond milk
Directions (chocolate sauce)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until combined.
Ingredients (pumpkin icing)
- 4 T. Earth Balance, softened
- 1 T. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
Directions (pumpkin icing)
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and pumpkin, and pie spice.
- Beat until the icing until it is light and airy. It should turn a light orange color.
- About 3-5 Dandies marshmallows per cupcake, so 60 marshmallows max
Directions (toasting marshmallows)
- Place marshmallows in a single layer on a cookie tray and place under the broiler just for 30 seconds to a minute, until the marshmallows are lightly toasted and a golden brown.
Pumpkin Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookies
Originally from Little House On The Vegan Prairie
Makes about 20 cookies
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Ener-G Egg Replacer eggs (or two ground flax “eggs”)
- 1 cup organic/vegan brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic/vegan cane sugar
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance, melted (or 1/2 cup canola oil)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1/2 cup Dandies Vegan Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and place a rack in the center of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream together the Ener-G eggs and the sugars, with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Add in the Earth Balance butter, vanilla extract, and pumpkin and beat until well combined. Add the flour mixture, in batches, and beat until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookies onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet, by the heaping tablespoonful spaced about two inches apart. You will want to make sure that each scoop gets at least one marshmallow in the middle of the cookie. The batter will be sticky so you may need to moisten your hands and roll the batter into golf ball sized balls before placing them on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cookie comes out clean. If it comes out marshmallowy, then try testing an area as close to the center away from the marshmallow. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an air tight container.
UPDATE! - Who did we just give a years supply of Dandies Vegan Marshmallows to?
Who did we just give a years supply of Dandies Vegan Marshmallows to?
VeganMoFo is almost here!
It’s almost that time of the year, the Vegan Month of Food (aka VeganMoFo)! We’ve been watching this get awesomer and awesomer with each year and can’t wait to see how super amazing it is this year.
Are you participating in VeganMofo this year? If you are, we have a challenge for you.
Create something amazing with Dandies Vegan Marshmallows! It’s that simple. At the end of VeganMofo we will review all of the amazing things posted to VeganMoFo and pick our two favorites. Those two people will win a years supply of Dandies Vegan Marshmallows! Imagine what you can do with all those marshies. You will be the toast of the town. Everyones best friend. And most likely on a permanent sugar high.
All you have to do is make something with Dandies Vegan Marshmallows, post it to your blog as part of VeganMoFo and email us a link at email@example.com. We can’t wait to see what you do.
* Keep the recipe totally vegan. But if you’re participating in VeganMoFo you should already be doing this.
* We are considering a years supply of Dandies to be 12 bags. We’ll send them to you in chunks so you don’t have 12 bags you need to blow through all at once. How crazy would that be?
Dandies Tweets - Now Available!
Are you ready to buy Dandies Tweets (our version of the classic Peeps)? We’re excited to announce that you now can!
Vegan Essentials is the first retailer to carry them. It’s online only but that’s great because anyone can get them like RIGHT NOW!
Over the next few weeks these will start showing up in Whole Foods Midwest Region. We will give you a more concrete date when we have it.
In the meantime (and so you know what to look for at Whole Foods) this is what the labels look like.
Dandies Tweets (our version of the classic Peeps)!
I want to introduce you to one of our newest products, Dandies Tweets! This is our version of the classic Easter holiday treet, the Peeps. They will be coming in two different flavors: orange flavored “bunnies” and lemon flavored “chicks”. These are naturally flavored and colored and coated in vegan beet sugar. And they’re Kosher Certified (by CRC)!
These will be shipping to retailers very soon. We’ll have more info for you as soon as we have it. We hope to have these available for online purchase even sooner! All perfectly in time for your Easter holiday celebration or just for happily snacking.
Be on the lookout for some giveaways with some online sites we love. We’ll also soon be doing a giveaway of our own! Follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know.
The photo above is our super limited edition ultra secret temporary packaging designed by our founder Ryan Howard. He’s more of an engineer than a designer but we like him just fine. In the next few days I’ll be able to unveil our final packaging so you know what to look for when it hits the store shelves!
photo above courtesy of quarrygirl.com