Pumpkin S’mores Cupcakes
Ingredients (cake batter)
- 1 c. almond milk + 1 t. apple cider vinegar, mixed together
- 1/2 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 2 T. cornstarch or Ener-G Egg Replacer
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/3 c. neutral tasting oil
- 1/2 c. evaporated cane sugar
- 1/4 c. dark brown sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, sugars, and vanilla until combined. Add milk mixture and stir.
- In a separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients (dry ingredients). Add this to the wet mixture in small batches, stirring each time until just incorporated. Don’t over mix!
- Spray a cupcake tray with baking spray and fill each about 3/4 of the way with batter.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, until just golden brown. Allow to cool.
- After cool, slice cupcakes in half through the middle, so the top and the bottom are separate.
- Spread chocolate sauce on the bottom.
- Place toasted marshmallows on top of chocolate sauce.
- Place top of cupcake on top of marshmallows.
- Pipe pumpkin icing on top and enjoy!!
Ingredients (chocolate sauce)
- 2 T. unsweetened chocolate powder
- 3 T. powdered sugar
- 4 T. almond milk
Directions (chocolate sauce)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until combined.
Ingredients (pumpkin icing)
- 4 T. Earth Balance, softened
- 1 T. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
Directions (pumpkin icing)
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and pumpkin, and pie spice.
- Beat until the icing until it is light and airy. It should turn a light orange color.
- About 3-5 Dandies marshmallows per cupcake, so 60 marshmallows max
Directions (toasting marshmallows)
- Place marshmallows in a single layer on a cookie tray and place under the broiler just for 30 seconds to a minute, until the marshmallows are lightly toasted and a golden brown.
blog comments powered by Disqus