Vegan Hot Artichoke-Spinach-Teese Dip Recipe
blog comments powered by Disqus
- 1/2 a tube Teese Mozzarella-style (about 1 cup), crumbled or shredded
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup Vegan Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional; it makes a less “runny” dip)
- 1 clove garlic (or MORE!!), peeled and minced/pressed
- 1/2 tsp dried basil or 2 Tbsp fresh, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts (optional, but I like the crunch)
- salt and pepper to taste
- couple shots Tabasco (optional and to taste)
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 14 oz. can OR 1 9 oz. frozen bag artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- OR 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped (sometimes I use more)
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained (wring in cheesecloth)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease a small baking dish.
- Blend cashews in food processor with just enough water to make a thick, smooth “cashew cream”. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/4 cup vegan sour cream and Teese until runny.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cashew cream, the rest of the sour cream, the sour cream-Teese mixture, garlic, basil, Tabasco, water chestnuts, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with a bit more Teese if you want. Put in oven about 10 to 15 minutes, just until Teese bubbles and melts on top or dip is starting to brown.
- Serve with crackers, veggies, or put in a hollowed-out bread bowl. Yum!